Notice - 20/06/09

* * * NEW LOCATION * * *
http://nysheartlifesongs.tumblr.com

it is SO much prettier! ^_^
thanks for stopping by all this time. appreciate much! X

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

nurturing creativity

Elizabeth Gilbert talks
">http://www.ted.org/index.php/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

I had a massive relief from hearing this particular talk.
It sums up almost Everything of my worries.
Few points rapped the clouds off my head.

it explains exactly why I have lightnings of ideas keep striking me and that sometimes my mind is in crazy need to get it out of my system in creative forms, like my writings, paintings and scribble journals.
of course all comes from Allah. I knew that deep down.
it's just that, it's really hard to grasp that doing what i do is enough?.
which i guess we all feels sometimes.
to have No Worries at all is of course present more thinking space available for something else.

so the idea of being more than you really ARE is the ego talking.
being the best of what you are able to become is functional.
that's what i get from her talk.
but of course, a source isn't sufficient.
another way of looking at it is that her idea might send a message that we can't grasp the unreachable ourselves. that we are limited. which in return, stop us from pushing ourselves to the limit and beyond or cause some Men to feel they are God.

so i can see why in Islam, moderation is ultimate.
living large in sufficient.
i need to find more knowledge on this particular way.

at least for now, i get to grip little bit more on my entire principle.
that i love to grow and learn. that is my job. my goal.

~ getting a job

No comments: